At Brookburn, our curriculum is designed to ensure that children achieve their full potential academically and personally. Our curriculum design is based on our particular context and the needs of our children with teaching that promotes learning and opportunities and experiences for success in life. Our curriculum is based on the best care, guidance and support for children involving their families and includes everyone. Our curriculum is enriched for enjoyment, promotes healthy lifestyles, promotes a positive contribution and economic well-being, promotes staying safe and provides a social, moral and cultural contribution. We follow the National Curriculum.
AIMS OF OUR CURRICULUM:
- Developing good global citizens in a modern and world class system – children that are prepared for success in life
- Igniting learning – knowledge, understanding and skills for success in life, a relevant curriculum for all children
- Promoting excellent teaching – teaching that is values led
- Focus on performance – we believe that the quality of teaching = the amount of progress
- Fulfill the statutory new National curriculum that embodies rigour and high standards and creates coherence in what we teach
- To ensure that all children are taught the essential knowledge in the key subject disciplines
OUR CURRICULUM COMPROMISES:
English, Mathematics and Science
Art and Design, Computing, Design and Technology, French, Geography, History, Music, PE.
We also have a PSHCE (Personal, Social, Health, Citizenship and Economic) curriculum which covers age appropriate sex and relationship education and A RE (Religious Education) curriculum which follows the agreed Manchester syllabus.