Our Art and Design Curriculum ensures children:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and
cultural development of their art forms.
In Key Stage 1, children will learn to:
- to use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences
- to develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture,
line, shape, form and space
- about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
In Key Stage 2, children will develop their techniques and will learn:
- to create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit
- to improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and
sculpture with a range of materials .
- about great artists, architects and designers in history.